Campaign HQ Forum Index Campaign HQ
Chat about RPGs

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Rank SystemRank System   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Campaign HQ    The Company of the Bright Star Campaign    Vampire

Another Thread that won't page...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dez
Here dragon, dragon, dragon!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 7:23 am    Post subject: Another Thread that won't page... Reply with quote

Tykeal,

the Alternate Illusions thread, "Warrior Class Ideas (including remorts)", isn't paging. I know we had this problem before, and there wasn't a fix that could be applied then, but wanted to bring it up again, since it's occurred again.

Problem is page two (as of my last post there) doesn't exist, but has links from the main AI page, as well as the thread page.

--dez--
tykeal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll see what I can do. There is an update available to the code base. I don't know if there is a fix to this particular issue in it though as their release notes don't list out what bugs are fixed. *sigh* No biggie, we still get more from this than a lot of other software Wink

I won't have a chance to push out the update until this evening (provided I remember). Hopefully I won't have to do to much to get it in, I've only edited the header set on each of themes (I think... need to check my notes).

Sorry I can't be of more help right now.
DMShoe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be related to deleted posts not being cleaned up entirely. Sometimes while cleaning I've noticed that the page increment doesn't revert back to where it should be, resulting in no posts on the last page (and a error msg).

-DMShoe
tykeal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, I was thinking that it might be along those lines, but hadn't followed the train of thought or research farther.

If the upgrade this evening doesn't fix the problem I'll see if I can at least kick the DB into a correct count... though the page should actually be getting a dynamic count back from the DB and not a statically updated column.
DMShoe

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same issue on the Funny stuff page -- you click the last page number under the thread topic, and you get "no posts exist for this topic".

And I know posts exist for that topic.

-DMShoe
Razputyn

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found that out to be true the other day as well, but I thought it had to do with just having it not page correctly until a second post was put to the page. Well I guess I was wrong and it still seems to be busted.

-Raz
DMShoe

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah -- its been that way for a few days -- but I decided to pipe up today about it...

I think a couple posts were deleted off that thread, and the subsystem that maintains postcount isn't updated when those deletes occur. Not sure if theres a bug submission that can happen -- but it could be a fairly easy error to duplicate.

*shrug*

-Xiu
tykeal

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I can take a look at that code again. However, IIRC when I looked last time I couldn't find a reason for it doing what it was doing. Perhaps I need to actually do a pull from the DB and look through what I get back *shudder* that's 500+ posts in that thread.
tykeal

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so I never noticed this before, but the topics table actually stores the post count for the topic. I've reset the count on the Funny Stuff thread so that it's giving me the correct value that my count of the posts told me it is. I'm hoping that this fixes the paging problem.

Anyone know of threads that are experiencing this problem right now?
Razputyn

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I can tell the funny stuff page is the only one that has exhibited this behavior recently.

You may also want to take a quick peak at the "Things that make you go hrm..." thread to make sure that the post count is correct as well on it. Preventative maintenance maybe.

-Raz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Campaign HQ Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: