Campaign HQ Forum Index Campaign HQ
Chat about RPGs

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Rank SystemRank System   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Campaign HQ    The Company of the Bright Star Campaign    Vampire

Homework #1

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Campaign HQ Forum Index -> Eberron Campaign
View previous topic :: View next topic  
strattjw
Here dragon, dragon, dragon!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject: Homework #1 Reply with quote

This homework will be worth 250xp and needs to be posted prior to the next session on July 13th.

Write up a short description of your characters thoughts about the other members of the party. Post your replies in this thread.
NeurOde

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As he settled into bed, Torvik shook his head in memory of the day's events. The errand for Silvius had been significantly more complicated that he'd anticipated, but thankfully it had ended with the package retrieved and Torvik's body still intact. Silvius was still at the ascension reception when Torvik stopped by with the delivery, so there would be no backlash concerning his tardiness. The package had been relatively easy to reseal, as well, so hopefully his obnoxious cousin wouldn't make note of the tampering Darbolt had committed.

He'd left Rye and G'eon downstairs in the workshop with what spare bedding he had on hand. They seemed self-sufficient enough that he wasn't worried about their comfort, and their trustworthiness had been apparent from how they defended him in the alleyway attack. The two were obviously tight friends, though Rye seemed to defer to G'eon at times when decisions were needed or conversation commenced. G'eon's reaction at the hospital was interesting, and something Torvik made a mental note to monitor. He'd never seen a halfling so reluctant to visit the House of Healing. Whatever problem G'eon had with House Jorasco was no business of his, but it was important to ensure it didn't effect his own house ties. Overall, he seemed an honest and capable companion.

Rye's sword had only occasionally found its mark during the ambush, but what blows he had landed were far beyond Torvik's capabilities. The young man appeared to have much promise in battle. So long as that ability was always aimed away from Torvik, that much the better. In the event they continued to work together, it would be interesting to see if Rye's reserved nature continued.

Of the three he'd met that evening, Darbolt was by far the least likable. The prospective constable obviously meant well, in his own way, but his need to poke into every aspect of the others was grating. There was definitely an air of superiority to him, though Torvik had been amused to see it momentarily punctured when the confused inspector attempted to introduce Torvik to his own Uncle Botar. He didn't mind sharing information willingly, but Darbolt's tendency to press beyond that grew old quickly. Still, he appeared to be a good man at heart, and his social shortcomings seemed to come from a need to prove himself more than any inherent negativity.

He planned on visiting his uncle again in the morning to see if anything new had been found out about the final messenger.
NeurOde

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on, guys, I want to read more stories!
Smile
Kyndig

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude! Sister got married and then was off the mainframe for 6 days. What do you expect?! Very Happy

(it's coming soon) Razz
Nullex

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeurOde, you do remember that Kyndig and I just got back from a village with no internet access, right? Just checking... Razz On with the homework:

'Well that went well,' G'ean reflected as he got comfortable on Torvik's workshop floor. Having used up most of their financial resources on the trip to Sharn, G'ean was amazed that he easily arranged for some free lodging. 'Well, not exactly free,' he noted, remembering the days' events and wincing from the wound still healing on his side.

G'eon peered across the room at Rye, his loyal companion. Although they met under awkward circumstances, G'eon had affirmed his view of Rye over their journey thus far. Obviously self-sacrificing, Rye had saved G'eon's life on numerous occasions, being G'eon's fire power when push comes to shove. G'eon still wants to figure out the whole story behind the incident surrounding their meeting, but realizes that the time for finding out those answers will present itself when the time is right.

G'eon is not sure of Torvik. On the one hand, Torvik did generously provide Rye and G'eon a free stay on his workshop floor, dusty, yet surprisingly homey. On the otherhand, though, was Torvik's apparant greed and lack of concern for the lives of others. When Darbolt fell and almost died in the combat with the Shifter and the Warforged, Torvik took his time searching the bodies of the fallen foes before even showing concern for Darbolt. Granted we had just met Darbolt, under the most unfriendly of circumstances, but still, couldn't the bodies have waited until after we made sure Darbolt was alright? I guess my mother would be happy with my instincts, but I'm still somewhat wary of Torvik's priorities. I'm pleased with the current lodging situation, so won't press the issue, but I'll have my eye on Torvik for a while.

Darbolt...ah, Darbolt. I think he had an interesting time the other night. I feel bad for him. I'm guessing that the "package" he was expecting, which he mistook as Torvik's package from us, was illegal in some way, based on the way he handled the situation. An honest mistake on my end (granted I should have checked his name before giving him the package, but still), that resulted in Darbolt almost dying. I would have felt really horrible then! And Darbolt's apparant ties to the constabulatory obviously didn't help the package debochle. Although a little on the uptight end, I think I like Darbolt, if for nothing else then the great connections he has. I need connections.
NeurOde

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyndig wrote:
Dude! Sister got married and then was off the mainframe for 6 days. What do you expect?! Very Happy

(it's coming soon) Razz

Bah, your petty excuses mean nothing to me.
Rolling Eyes

And hey, in Torvik's defense, he only had one healing scroll left and wasn't even at half power himself after that fight. Instantly blowing the scroll on the possibly dead bard, who 15 minutes earlier had tried to run off with his family's property, was hardly a realistic option.
Very Happy
Northstar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the desk of Darbolt Halle:

Dear Chamton,

I have stumbled upon the most interesting case. I am still gathering information at this point, but let me assure you it is quite fascinating. So far, it has involved a mystery package, a damaged "Final Messenger", a component of a Warforged that delivers a message, a couple of shady characters of questionable repute, some members of the great houses, and a near-death experience. Perhaps we could have lunch in the next month or so. I would love to tell you all about it. I would write it down, but who knows who might intercept this missive?

I can describe to you some of the individuals I have, by extreme happenstance, ended up working with on this case, civilians all. It is going to be a strange investigation, as not all of them employ a level of discretion that I would deem wise for such a pursuit. However, each of them seems to have some link to the case, as well as some skills useful to the case in an ancillary manner, as well as informed contacts.

The first is a woman named Rye. She is by far the most difficult to work with. Rude, abrasive, lacking in common sense, and utterly without an ounce of subtlety, at least so far as my observations have led me to believe. She is also hiding something, though I do not know what that might be, or whether it pertains to this case. It is very likely, as her tie to the case is tenuous. She seems to be involved through her companion. I will say that she is nice to have around in a fight(not a declaration I want to begin a habit of stating mind you).

Her friend, G'eon, is a hobbit who is quite savvy and graceful. He has the more direct tie to the case, as the bearer of this "mystery package", which was a mystery to G'eon as well. This one has a head on his shoulders. He understands when to be loud, and when to be quiet, when to be seen, when to blend in, and has a wonderful cognizance of appropriateness as relates to location and social atmosphere. He, however, is hiding something as well. A shady past? With his skill set, very likely. So, as sometimes happens, I find myself working with criminals to find the criminals. If the G'eon could find himself just a little more within the bounds of the law, though, I am positive he would make a wonderful addition to a small investigating team.

There is also a member of a great House involved. No one of any importance, mind you. No dragonmark. But it is always best to be wary in dealing with the great Houses. Which is why I am hesitant. This man, Torvik of Cannith, was the recipient of the mystery package, though he as well as G'eon was ignorant as to the packages' content(though he was picking it up for his house). He seems to take a great deal of his importance from his House, as many of the dragonmarked families do. He seems to be quite intelligent, but not the least bit street-smart. I have seen him wield both great discretion, and conversely to be as discreet as a Warforged Juggernaut. He has been by turns open with information and closed with it, friendly and cold, wise and foolish. As I continue to work with him, hopefully a pattern or terms of cause-effect for his attitudes can be ascertained. At worst, he may make a helpful contact.

In any case, I hope this finds you well. Are you enjoying the hobbit leaf I sent you? The vendor assured me of it's quality. Just as soon as I can afford the appropriate pipe, I will join you in savoring some of the leaf. I also look forward to having time to take up lessons with you for the violin. You have been on my to try it for a while now, I know, and I keep putting it off, but I do mean to start soon. Truly I do.

By the Three,

Darbolt
Kyndig

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rye flexed HIS arms one last time in an attempt to finally drift back to sleep. But the new location - though apparently safe - left him uneasy. With nothing else to do, he reflected on what had happened in the past few days.

He had met a guy named Torvik whose workshop he and G'eon were now staying in. He had also met a guy named Darbolt. Torvik was nice and welcoming, allowing two strangers to sleep near his tools. Darbolt was a little off. He seemed ultra stressed and jumpy - probably though he was buying drugs from G'eon and that started the whole misunderstanding that led to the four of them in he fight in the alley.

Rye thought Torvik and Darbolt were both pretty useless in the fight. Darbolt started saying things about sticking my sword here and "they favor their left knee" and other "tactical" insights. Then he died. Torvik tried some magic scrolls that didn't do much. He was much more useful after the fight with some curative scrolls. That was nice.

Whatever lies ahead, Rye has the sneaking suspicion that it will involved Torvik and Darbolt. G'eon will continue to be by Rye's side as long as G'eon will let him. It's been a long journey here, and by the look of it, the fun is just beginning.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Campaign HQ Forum Index -> Eberron Campaign All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: