Campaign HQ Forum Index Campaign HQ
Chat about RPGs

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Rank SystemRank System   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Campaign HQ    The Company of the Bright Star Campaign    Vampire

GRRR!! Damned logins!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Locksley
I'm a Dragon and that's OK...
I'm a Dragon and that's OK...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2001 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy, the system just posted an anonymous post from me despite the fact that I logged in not 5 minutes earlier. Isn't there anything we can do to extend the life of that?
tykeal
Here dragon, dragon, dragon!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2001 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got sessions set to timeout in 1 hour. I'll dig around and see if there is something funky happening in the code.

I may end up having to get the latest 1.x version to see if it fixes the proplems... but it will take a bit as I need to figure out where to stick all the hacks as some of the code changed up drastically.

[edit]
I just had a thought. If you are posting behind a firewall that blocks your IP or a rotating proxy you may run into weird issues. The IP address is associated with a particular session and if your IP doesn't match what the session believes you should have it will think your not logged in.
[/edit]

[ This Message was edited by: tykeal on 2001-06-25 10:13 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
tykeal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2001 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those behind a proxy... I think I may have gotten a fix in. I hope this solves the problems.

DMShoe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2001 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird.

I guess now I'm always posting through proxy, since at work I'm piggybacking WaMu WAN to the IBM network then out, and at home I'm proxy-ing through my router.

But at home I should be using same address to the outside world, though my locally DHCP-ed address is hidden. I'll see if it gets better.

For the record, I haven't had these kind of issues until just the past 24 hours.

-DMShoe
tykeal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2001 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... your home network shouldn't be having the problems. The NAT system that you are using rewrites your packet headers completely changing the IP addy. Therefore, the IP addy that the system gets is the same everytime.

The problem is most likely to be fully visible for people that are behind a round-robin proxy setup. IBM, Intel, Microsoft, etc. I know for a fact that MS uses a round-robin proxy system, but I also know that whatever they do still causes problems with the board.

I can't say for sure exactly why people are just now really running into the problem and not before. I'm personally rather perplexed and confused by it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Campaign HQ Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: