Campaign HQ Forum Index Campaign HQ
Chat about RPGs

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Rank SystemRank System   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Campaign HQ    The Company of the Bright Star Campaign    Vampire

Direction for Sat, Sept 29

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Campaign HQ Forum Index -> Dungeonworld Campaign Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMShoe
Here dragon, dragon, dragon!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next game is two days away, and the brave heroes have retreated to Hommlet after their encounters with the evil undead present in the ghost town of Nulb.

Where might they go from here? Perhaps another foray into Nulb -- some say that an old pirate ship still holds treasure in its partially sunken hull at the Nulb docks. Or does the site of the ancient Temple draw your interest, hobgoblins are rumored to be there, after all.

Or maybe you will set off toward Rastor, many miles to the west, and seek out the source of the ochre-robed cult.

At any rate, if you could discuss it, both online and off, and have an idea early Saturday of your direction, then I will be even more prepared for your fate.

-DMShoe
strattjw

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mag would love to venture into Nulb again but realizes that the Undead there are perhaps too powerful for her. As such she is ready to venture towards the Temple ruins to see what lies there.

-- Jesse
strattjw

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2001 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kill Undead!!! Kill Undead!!! Kill Undead!!!

Become Undead!!! Become Undead!!! Become Undead!!!

Whoops......
DMShoe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2001 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In terms of direction for the party --

How many of your characters remember the part about the dark god returning and destroying all existence?

-DMShoe
Dez

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2001 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*raises hand*
Antonius remembers...and doubts the paladins do, because he doesn't see how this is helping prevent that end...
DMShoe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2001 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a big mountain. It makes sense to search around, to make sure nothing is missed.

At least the Paladins seem to have a motivation for being there -- why are the rest of you hanging around? (aside from being stuck inside the mountain?)
strattjw

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2001 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My paladin was not around for that part of the adventure. It was right after the moat house that she joined the party.

-- Jesse
DMShoe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2001 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its been roughly what, about six weeks of traveling together, fighting together, resting together...

I know we sometimes gloss over the time spent resting -- but it makes sense to me that the characters would have spoken to each other about what they are doing.

At least more than: "Theres a big mountain over there. We go there, and kill bad stuff."

As DM, I feel that enough information has been disseminated to the PCs to get them on the "right track". But I think you are on the right track in spite of yourselves. I could resort to giving individual motivations, based on your character background or your future goals, but I'm not sure if that is needed.

Maybe it is.

Your group needs more cohesion, and needs a plan for assaulting this mountain. You, as players, need to let the other players understand why your characters feel a need to be a part of the group. Or, you can continue status quo, and see where your explorations lead.

OK, I'm done psuedo-ranting now.

-DMShoe
strattjw

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2001 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been in too many campaigns were a new character brought in after a campaign started was not told in full what the other characters had learned previously in the campaign so I usually go by the assumption that my characters only know what they find out or what other characters tell her.

-- Jesse
SSentinel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2001 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say that's a place where the Stories threads could play a key part in diseminating information to the new players. Unless writen as a private journal entry, details from the stories threads could be considered topics of conversation among the party members during rest breaks and camp time. As such new players could use any publicly pertinent information from the stories (told round the campfire) since the time they joined the party to add to their knowledge of the current situation.

[ This Message was edited by: SSentinel on 2001-11-20 14:39 ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Campaign HQ Forum Index -> Dungeonworld Campaign Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: