Campaign HQ Forum Index Campaign HQ
Chat about RPGs

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Rank SystemRank System   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Campaign HQ    The Company of the Bright Star Campaign    Vampire

In search of the cloak

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Campaign HQ Forum Index -> The Company of the Bright Star Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tykeal
Here dragon, dragon, dragon!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 2:25 pm    Post subject: In search of the cloak Reply with quote

Quick Info:
Characters Present:
Tahlali, Tatania, Wulf, Robyn, Jaerna, Richard, Sascha
====
The vision is clearer this time. I can follow as if I am actually there.

Mist hangs in the air as the party prepares to enter the cavern. It hangs everywhere, but just in front of it. There is a warm current of air moving constantly out of the cave. With this current is something more than a mist, a noxious vapor creeps along the ground out of the cave.

They prepare themselves with protections from the heat and spells to improve their defense and combat. The giant looks at them and shakes his head thinking them such fools. They will learn soon enough how difficult these cultists are.

Their star pins wink in the last light of day the company will see for a while. Some reflect even more light as lit torches are pulled from their bags.

The elves and the druid blanch a bit as they subject themselves to the closing off of fresh air and open skies. They enter and start their delve to find the cloak and drive out the fire giants.

The temperature rises as they continue farther into the cavern, both the mage and the bard are starting to have a hard time of it. They have not been protected from the heat the way the rest of the party has. The cleric takes pity on the mage and protects him as well leaving the bard to continue on as best she can.

The scouts signal the party that there is something ahead. They ready themselves to potentially enter combat.

Hell hounds round the corner followed by a giant. The scouts dispatch a hound as the mage immobilizes the giant. The second hound is not so easily dispatched it is being partly protected by salamanders on the other side of the giant. Their battle continues and one of the salamdars flees as it's comrades all fall.

Shortly a gong is heard as the one fleeing is being run down. It has called for reinforcements. Two more large salamandars appear at the end of the corridor and throw two fireballs at the party gathered at the end of the hall. The mage and the bard are staggered with the force of the balls of fire.

One of the scouts galanty charges down the hall as the mage throws a bolt of lightning back at them for their injury to him. As the scout reaches them a wall of fire springs up between the rest of the party and him, cutting him off with the salamandars.

The cleric and the other scout both charge in and through the flaming wall to help their compatriot.

A moment later the other scout comes flying back through the wall being pushed by one of the salamandars. The salamandar is killed and the scout jumps back through.

The bard starts to heal herself and the mage as they both realise that they are going to have to go after their friends to help, but can't survive the wall of flames currently.

As they finish off their healing the others have finished off the salamandars and are continuing down the hall when the wall finally winks out. A cry is let out as another one is formed farther down the hall.

The party all rushes through the wall and engages in more combat with fire giants coming up from two hallways.

In the distance more salamandars are coming but the party doesn't know this yet, they are to busy working on dispatching the giants. They finish their work and the monk looks down the hall and gives a shout as the salamandars are seen.

The wall of flame to their back the party readies itself once again.

Wait... I'm losing sight of them...

Father? Why am I haveing these visions? What do they mean? Why does this party keep finding it's way into my dreams?

<edit>Changed the bladesinger to monk, after all the discussion below</edit>

Last edited by tykeal on Mon Jul 01, 2002 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Mazrim

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings,

Bladesinger?

Mazrim
tykeal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I hopelessly at a loss on that one? I don't have a "current" class listing of our characters so may be wrong. Was that the other "S" character you played? Laughing (or did I mispell it?)
Dez

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. Sascha's a monk/sorcerer...IIRC...
--dez--
Razputyn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel that we have a big bloody beating coming. I hate those! Bleh!

-Raz
Mazrim

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings,

Yup, Sascha is a Monk/Sorceror. My bladesingers name was Lucita.
Sean Kell was the other S name.

Mazrim
tykeal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, fixed it above... now to fix it on the campaign site version.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Campaign HQ Forum Index -> The Company of the Bright Star Stories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: