Campaign HQ Forum Index Campaign HQ
Chat about RPGs

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Rank SystemRank System   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Campaign HQ    The Company of the Bright Star Campaign    Vampire

What is our direction?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Campaign HQ Forum Index -> Banewarrens Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Turoth
Dragon? Bring it on!
Dragon?  Bring it on!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 10:05 am    Post subject: What is our direction? Reply with quote

We seem to be stumbling around a bit, what are our current objectives?

We started this quest to deposit the evil mace in the Bane Warrens. We are quickly discovering the Bane Warrens aren't so safe.

The temple of Lothian hasn't told us exactly what they are looking for us to do.

Jevika Norr is hinting strongly that the idea of the Bane Warrens has failed and the Inverted Pyramid has other plans. Deltoria is interested in exploring the ideas of the the IP. The Seals of the Bane Warrens are breached and several groups are running around inside. We have grown in power, perhaps we should begine opening the individual Bane Doors and destroying them one by one. (XP and there won't be anything behind us).

What are the thoughts of the rest of the group, in and out of character and Alignment?

Deloria, and Starr say that we should explore the motives of the Inverted Pyramid and teh Temple of Lothian. As well as checking up on The Pact and House Veyanne, that wizard of thiers has got to go.
nemsin
Dragon? Bring it on!
Dragon?  Bring it on!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve hinted that I will need to get involved with the Inverted Pyramid to follow my prestige class (Loremaster). We need to have a little recon time next session. Did I mention I can scry now.

As for direction, I say we do whatever the chick offering us each a Magic Item wants.

Moriar
Tofo
Here dragon, dragon, dragon!
Here dragon, dragon, dragon!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:46 pm    Post subject: We still have a long way to go. Reply with quote

It looks like we need to get to the citadal and find the plans to activate those insect machines that are in front of the doors. We toss the mace in and seal it. We need to destroy the Pact. We need to bring down the Pact and House Veyanne.

M'rik wants to seal the mace in the bains and cave in enterence and get out of Irongate.
Danthin
Dragon Snack
Dragon Snack

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.. direction..

I agree with Deltoria, lets open each door and deal with the banes individually. Who knows what kind of stuff they have, albeit they will be tough fights, I think the risk is worth the reward.

Once that is completed, lets continue to find a spot to toss the mace Smile
Turoth
Dragon? Bring it on!
Dragon?  Bring it on!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone else have a problem with a Church with political asperations? The Lothians have made several hints at the idea they are suppplanting the gov't in this area. I and Deltoria feel that the last thing this region need is another Theocracy like the Pale. I haven't trusted them from the begining, I think the higher ups in the Lothians are up to something, their intentions may be good, but thats what the road to the Abyss is paved with.

Our choices might not be the greatest but so far Jeveka Norr is the patron i get the best feeling from. I don't think we should throw our lot in with them yet, but it might be time to put forth some effort in Divinations and Scrying on all these groups.
mrsuave
Dragon? Bring it on!
Dragon?  Bring it on!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our goal has always been to get the monkey off Deltoria's back. Literally. We have to find a place to get rid of the mace. Now, if in doing so we can figure out a way to get paid for it all the better. As long as the Inverted Pyramid or the Lothians are willing to line my purse with gold, I'm willing to bang on a few doors.

However, I think we need to address the immense danger this particular area presents in the way of poison. The entire region is overrun with poisonous dangers and I'm not about to continue risking my life without better protection.

There's no doubt that the Lothian's have political aspirations. What church doesn't? They're all out for the power and the glory. And by glory I mean gold. That's less gold for me since once they get their holy hands on it they don't part with it very willingly. I don't mind working on common ground with the church, but I don't want become a puppet either. I agree with Deltoria --quit gasping-- that we don't need to be furthering their ends.

As for Jevika, I'm not sure she's telling us everything, but that's nothing new. I'm used to being treated like a mushroom. Still, I'd rather work with her and learn more about this inverted pyramid and the dream apothecary. Now there's a sweet deal just waiting for exploitation ... er, I mean expansion in to new markets. Anyhow Jevika seems to have the connections that will help make us rich, complete our quest, accomplish her pyramid's hired tasks, and get our little friend some learnin' so he can make neater stuff for us.

I'm not that hip on opening every door in the Banewarrens. Some doors were meant to be left closed. I am interested in finding the citadel rumored to be at the center of the Banewarrens and I suppose some doors may have to be opened to do so, but not every single one. I don't think our goals will be met if we let loose any more horrors on the world.

Morgan
mrsuave
Dragon? Bring it on!
Dragon?  Bring it on!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 11:38 am    Post subject: Was a direction ever agreed on? Reply with quote

Do we need to have any discussion about our direction? I don't see that we ever came to any concensus on this, so perhaps we need to have a BRIEF discussion of this tonight?

Morgan
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Campaign HQ Forum Index -> Banewarrens Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: