Campaign HQ Forum Index Campaign HQ
Chat about RPGs

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Rank SystemRank System   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Campaign HQ    The Company of the Bright Star Campaign    Vampire

Map update
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Campaign HQ Forum Index -> The Company of the Bright Star Campaign Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMShoe
Here dragon, dragon, dragon!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tyke -- check out this map.

How easy do you think that would be?

-DMShoe
tykeal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like they used the Fractal Terain Builder program (from Pro Fantasy, makers of Campaign Cartographer) or something similar to do that.

I played a bit with that once (back when I was still in dual boot land). I found it insufferablly slow and hard to use. Of course sniffing around on their site I find that the artist actually did it in Bryce.

Figures, I don't have the skills, or the software for that. I might be able to get Fractal Terain Builder to run under Wine and give it a shot that way. Looking at the artists site for that one, he had a description of how he does it. There's a lot of steps with his method.

Anyway, I just pulled the demo the Fractal Terain program and will give it a shot on the train this afternoon.

If I can find a decent way of doing a fractal or even decent topographical map, then I'm all for it.
tykeal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newest map is finally up. I've removed the link to the PDF as I just can't get the dang thing to come out cleanly anymore. The map is getting to complex for some of the rendering and ghostscript is just having a terrible time with it.

On the flip side, if folks for some reason still want a vector graphic of it, I can hand it to you in EPS (Encapsulated Post Script) which places like Kinko's should still be able to print. However, I've got this in a high quality PNG (which all of your graphic browsers can handle... unless your using a 2.0- version Razz) Besides, when I finally take this off to Kinko's to get another print of it the PNG is bang on the size that I had printed before as it's a direct conversion from the original sketch file (through ghostscript which doesn't have a problem when not going to a PDF cause it's lower processing).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Campaign HQ Forum Index -> The Company of the Bright Star Campaign Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: