Campaign HQ Forum Index Campaign HQ
Chat about RPGs

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Rank SystemRank System   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Campaign HQ    The Company of the Bright Star Campaign    Vampire

story

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Campaign HQ Forum Index -> The Company of the Bright Star Campaign Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mazrim
Here dragon, dragon, dragon!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 11:37 am    Post subject: story Reply with quote

Greetings,

I didn't know who, if any, was going to post a story about the 10/23 session, but I got inspired. Hope thats ok.

Mazrim
tykeal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No formal voting Wink

I don't think the position of scribe has been assigned in a long time. I've ended up doing it (nearly every time) as no one had posted. Most of the time I write up a story within a day or two of the session and just hold on to it hoping that the story will get told from a perspective other than Tahlali's as it seems to be so much more from his perspective than any others. That would of course explain why you don't tend to see the story from me until a day or two before the next session (yes I know I didn't post this last time... there were / are reasons).

Your more than welcome to take it anytime you want Smile (that goes for others as well)

On a side note, we can take the short you did in an attempt to coerce others into an "evolutionary" telling as the one for the prior session if folks would like. If not, the story is still needs to be told (though you did incorporate a little bit in your latest), you of course missed your oportunity for the XP Mr. Green
DMShoe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would encourage people to post their own accounts of the session -- perhaps as replies to the first story posted for the session. It would be interesting to see different perspectives of the adventures.

Also, don't think the summaries have to be blow-by-blow accounts of the combats - they should, however, mention NPCs that may have been encountered, key information learned, and perhaps options or direction for the next session. (and key information may vary from person to person)

-DMShoe
tykeal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blow by blow accounts? The last one of those that I did was a long time ago. I think my notes my sometimes look like that, but that's to help remind me of some of the high points in combat.

Phrases like "after much struggle we took care of xyz" that's more Tahlali's style Wink Of course, I do tend to put a bit of a blow by blow of the session in terms of what happened, though not exactly combat. *shrug* Just the way it happens much of the time..
DMShoe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that my comment was more directed at those that might be scribing during the game session. There have been occasions (not frequent, but sometimes) where the game session grinds down due to people trying too hard to capture every bit of detail in the scribbles..

I don't want the act of scribing to seem like a daunting task -- it really is just gathering the few key points of the session, and summarizing them from the perspective of the character.

-DMShoe
Dez

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*raises hand* i'm a blow-by-blow chronicler. Or at least, was. it became cumbersome, so I'm trying to not do it as much in future scribings... Smile

--dez--
DMShoe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone wants any help, let me know... While I think homework is valuable for enhancing and expanding characters, I feel the the summaries are even more important. It helps other players remember what has happened, and provides a history that can be referenced when obscure facts from earlier adventures arise. (Like Dulvek the Tailless)

We could even use the summaries more, by perhaps reading the last session's summary at the beginning of the next session, just to refresh and get people into the right frame of mind.

-DMShoe
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Campaign HQ Forum Index -> The Company of the Bright Star Campaign Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: