Campaign HQ Forum Index Campaign HQ
Chat about RPGs

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Rank SystemRank System   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Campaign HQ    The Company of the Bright Star Campaign    Vampire

Chronicles Theme

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you agree?
Yea
75%
 75%  [ 6 ]
nay
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

SSentinel
Here dragon, dragon, dragon!

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 2:30 pm    Post subject: Chronicles Theme Reply with quote

I do have one comment about the new Chronicles theme, the
Quote:
are very subtle. It would be nice if the pulsing was a bit more pronounced.
tykeal

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if there really is all that much that I can do about that. I can take a look but I'm can't promise much. Then again, this might be a prime opportunity for others to pitch in their 1337 graphics skills Wink
DMShoe

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually prefer the more subtle pulsing, as I'm not a fan of graphics that take my eye away from pertinent information.

Besides, anything that would be flagged as "popular" also has more than one page of posts -- so the "Goto: 1,2,..." is a giveaway.

-DMShoe
Dez

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the pulsing is plenty visible on my systems. What would be nice, is if we could get a brighter red for the "new messages" indicator -- the current red/blue are very close on my monitors at work...

wait. did I say I was reading these at work? I meant...oh, never mind...

--dez--
Razputyn

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hrm...1,337 skills? That is a whole lot of skills!! All kidding aside, I agree with SSentinel that the 2 types of indicators are a bit difficult to distinguish. Would it be easier to just have a scrolling banner that informs people of new posts since their last login? Just a thought.

-Raz
SSentinel

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 7:42 am    Post subject: New Posts We don't need no New... Oh wait wrong quote Reply with quote

I don't worry about the new posts gem, because I just have my link to the phorum set up to goto the View posts since last visit link. Laughing So when I connect I always get just the list of new posts. Exclamation

After I've read all the juicy new posts [asside]Did I actually just say juicy[/asside] Embarassed, usually reading from the bottom up, I just click click the title graphic at the top of the page to do other fun and exciting stuff.

That or open a second browser window to the main page.
tykeal

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: New Posts We don't need no New... Oh wait wrong quote Reply with quote

SSentinel wrote:
...I just have my link to the phorum set up...

*smack* We haven't used Phorum for over a year now. Get it out of your head Razz
SSentinel

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*BONG*

Wow that really rang my bell
Dez

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like you really need to explore the wonderful world of tabbed browsers, SSentinel. A new window? Haven't had to do one of those in so long, I get momentarily confused when I see someone else do it (why would they do that?!? -- oh yeah, they're not using a tabbed interface...)

--dez--
SSentinel

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I haven't seen a tabbed browser before, but then multiple windows allow me to see content side by side, so I don't feel like I'm really missing out or anything. Shocked
tykeal

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the latest release of Mozilla (about to hit 1.0) or any version 5+ of Opera. Tabbed browsing is so awesome and you can still open multiple windows if you really need to.
DMShoe

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 9:50 am    Post subject: link text color Reply with quote

A complaint about the Chronicles Style:

The color of the text for links sometimes does not show up well at all on the "light paper" background.

Didn't really notice it until I took a look at the FAQ page -- and the entire top section (with all the question links) just looked washed-out.

Update - if I move my laptop screen a bit, I can increase the contrast somewhat, but it is still a problem, I think.

-DMShoe
tykeal

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll look into it and see what I can do about fixing the contrast issues.
DMShoe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I switched back off of chronicles -- page loads were taking a while with the graphics for backgrounds and stuff.

Are there other themes available? Some of the squirrelmail themes are pretty good..

-DMShoe
tykeal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go out to phpBB.com and take a look at their styles demo site (here) those are the currently available themes that work with the latest version of phpBB (which I haven't upgraded to yet, we're only .3 versions off...). If you see one that you like, let me know and I can stick it on the system (after fixing the banner graphic of course).

If folks feel the urge to create a theme... umm... there really isn't any documentation on it... but I might be convinced to put a demo board up and give access for trying stuff out.
Mr. Kaze

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not opposed to the current style, I just don't like how the textured background kind of fades into the color at many points at some viewing angles. The "VereorLordOfTheRings" has a nice flat background with good contrast to the front. "Quidditch" is a reminder that I'm a sucker for purple, but I'm afraid that there's not enough contrast front-to make it better than what we've got. "Myth2" has nice contrast but is a bit too grim for my taste.

$.05, cheers!
::Kaze
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Campaign HQ Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: