Campaign HQ Forum Index Campaign HQ
Chat about RPGs

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Rank SystemRank System   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Campaign HQ    The Company of the Bright Star Campaign    Vampire

Saturday Campaign Adjustments
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Campaign HQ Forum Index -> Dungeonworld Campaign Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMShoe
Here dragon, dragon, dragon!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2001 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With regard to the last death of Raz's character.. Look at it from the perspective of the Drider. He was cornered in a doorway, and a rogue was flanking him from one side. On the other side was another rogue and three other combatants, all who were having a hard time getting through his shield spell.

If he eliminates the rogue behind him, then he will still have the shield protecting him, and can maybe even move to the door to flee. If, however, he attacks one in front, then he is still being flanked by a rogue from behind, and there are still additional opponents in front of him.

All in all, he didn't have much choice.

And if the dwarf had instead been the one to tumble around, then the drider would have focused on him.

I really wasn't picking on anyone in particular.

Of course, a better plan may have been to take out the healer first (if the healer can be identified), then focus on either the most dangerous or the weakest.

DM brain begins to cackle maniacally.

-DMShoe
Shadowlord

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2001 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dez-

I can understand your point about starting below standard. I can see where you could have a really heroic character that would be weaker then average in an area. By starting below average, there is the option to leave a stat or two below average. I think this would be more realistic.

Just my two copper peices. (Proceed to flame at will.)

Shadowlord

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Campaign HQ Forum Index -> Dungeonworld Campaign Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: