Campaign HQ Forum Index Campaign HQ
Chat about RPGs

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Rank SystemRank System   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Campaign HQ    The Company of the Bright Star Campaign    Vampire

Viewing User Profiles

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SSentinel
Here dragon, dragon, dragon!

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 8:16 am    Post subject: Viewing User Profiles Reply with quote

Hey I was just vieing user profiles (I have no idea why), but I noticed that the MSN Messenger Contact info doesn't have an image associated with it like PM, Y!, AIM, and ICQ do. It just displays the associated email address for MSN, and for that matter it's not even hotlinked to do anything.

Can anything be done about this?
Dez

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*evil grin* (sorry...i just have to...)

why would we want to do anything for that? It is, after all, another MSNightmare...

--dez--
SSentinel

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

because it's there... Question
tykeal

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There isn't any icon or link on it because MSN doesn't support anyway to send a MSN Messenger user a message unless you use a MSN Messenger client. All the other systems have a web pass through of some sort which is why they have icons and links on the graphics.

Yet again... blame M$

You also have to realize that someone can have an MSN Messenger account but not an MSN e-mail address (hotmail) because any Passport account is a valid user account and not all Passport accounts have an associated MS sanctioned e-mail address.
Dez

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. I knew it was bad, but didn't realize it was _that_ bad. Thanks for the technical notes, Tykeal Z)

--dez--
SSentinel

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know any email will work. Just take a look at mine. It's my work email account.
tykeal

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but as I stated earlier. A Passport is not always linked against a e-mail acount.

Heck Keyser uses a Passport account into MSN that doesn't have an associated e-mail account. His MSN Messenger addy therefore isn't an e-mail address.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Campaign HQ Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: