Campaign HQ Forum Index Campaign HQ
Chat about RPGs

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Rank SystemRank System   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Campaign HQ    The Company of the Bright Star Campaign    Vampire

Second Clan Guidelines
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Campaign HQ Forum Index -> Alternate Illusions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like these ideas?
Yes
83%
 83%  [ 5 ]
No
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Ack Clans, quick kill them
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Elveron
Dragon? Bring it on!
Dragon?  Bring it on!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 7:55 am    Post subject: Second Clan Guidelines Reply with quote

Ok, first off I want to thank Robert for all the hard work he put in on coming up with the clan guidelines first draft. Here is the newest draft we will discuss.

1) All clans are led by a Mortal Clan Leader, all Clans are supervised by Clan Cimp (me).

2)To start a clan the mortal must be level 30 and petition Clan Cimp for a clan, which then Clan Cimp will talk to Cimp+ and make a decision.

3)Price for founding a clan is 1 Mil in Gold and 10% of total exp (I am a little more harsh than Robert you want a clan, pay for it).

4) Starting clans will receive one room when founded and may purchase additional rooms at 1 Mil Per room.

5) Clan Ranks will be Neonate (might have spelled it wrong), this will be person applying for clan, and will probably have clan seeking in title.
Next would be Initiated, full fledge clan member.
Elder-Assistant CLan Leader (Limit 3 per clan)
Clan Leader-Leader of Clan (There can be only one)
Elders may accept clan members as well as Clan Leader, Leader can promoted initiated to Elders. In the absence of a clan leader 2 elders can vote a clan member out and ask the Clan Cimp to remove them.

6)Clan leader is responsible for personal descriptions for clan name, clan rooms, and clan location, Clan Cimp or Building Cimp will build.

7)Clan Gear can be created and loaded by Elders or Master. Clan master will petition Clan Cimp and Building Cmp for stats and names (both cimps will agree on stats before approving, thus creating a self check on balance).

Cool Clan members will have a clan weapon to use appropiate to class. Clans will also have a clan badge to wear (can we add a wear slot for this). Clan Elders will have a higher badge and clan master will get a clan crown.

9) Each clan will have a private clan channel for them to use.

10)Clan will have clan recall command that costs 90% of mana and 1,000 gold pieces.

11) Clan wars can be declared by clan master and opposing clan master has 48 hours to respond yes or no, if no response the default setting is peace. I suggest a general clan board for status of each clan including clans that refuse clan wars so they can be taunted without mercy.

12)During Clan war a pkill of clan members will be possible with a random piece of eq dropping to ground and all gold on that character.

13)Peace can only be achieved by both clan leaders accepting peace and peace offers will last 24 hours at a time.

14) You may only belong to one clan at a time.

15)Clan member can have there hometown set to clan house or keep there original hometown.

Generic ramblings:
Rooms will go in order of Board Room, Donation Room, Healing Room and so forth. Spells can be bought at 1M per spell for your healing room and cost 250 per month to maintain. Each room will cost 100 gold to maintain per month, plus a flat fee yet to be determined for the main house, ie
the flat fee is for the first room and 100 gold for each additional room.
(Gold rates may change).

Clan Guards can be purchased, first generic one will be and each upgrade will be 1M cumulative, and cost more to maintain.

Pets can be purchased and placed in the clan house as specific guards, cost 1M cumulative plust 1000 per month maintenance cumulative.

Clan Raids are possible, will post more on that later with rules.

Steven
Shadowlord
Here dragon, dragon, dragon!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Steve, I disagree with you as to making it that expensive to start a clan. I would think that the maintenance cost could be higher to make clans more attractive to start. I would hate to see clans fail because we have made things overall more difficult and then put the clan feature out of reach.

Of course this is just my thought. I do like the rest of the guidelines.

One other point. Isn't it kinda tough to put prices on things when we have yet to figure out the economics of the mud? Maybe it would take 6 months for a good group of 4 to get to 1 million coins.

Just a thought.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elveron
Dragon? Bring it on!
Dragon?  Bring it on!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you saw under Generic ramblings, gold rates may change, I should have stated that higher, I went with Robert's original costs on gold, that is not to say we don't change it. Would all depend on what DG uses for gold system and then adjust it to the appropiate level.

Steven
Elveron
Dragon? Bring it on!
Dragon?  Bring it on!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 9:48 am    Post subject: Clan Raiding Reply with quote

Ok the clan raiding system.

If the clan house guard is killed you could then raid the clan house.

Now bear with me I am not sure these are possible with current code. I think once each clan house is raided that each raider can then swipe 2 pieces of equipment from the clan house and that if they can find the vault, avoid the pets, then will be able to swipe 50% of the clan vault.

As for what happens when the guard is attacked I think he will gossip on both gossip and clan channel for help from his clan. Though if none are on not going to be much help. Clan Leader will be advised if someone besides a clan member enters the house to loot, and that clan will auto be flagged in a clan war with the clan they raided. Though i think the clan leader that was raided would have the option for 48 hours to declare peace if they just plain realize they can't counter attack.

Now if you kill a guard and no clan member is on and you don't enter the clan house, then I don't think you should get flagged for killing. So that allows a mercenary the right to run away. Now if clan members are on and know that someone killed the clan guard, then they can inform the clan leader who will ask clan cimp for a clan killer flag for that characters. The clan will have 48 hours to hunt down and kill the mercenary who will forfeit 50% of his gold from himself and bank as penalty, plus the one random drop of eq. Once he has been killed then the flag goes away. Now if this is abused by people using one character than hiding everything on other characters I may get annoyed and flag all your characters as clan killable so that would have to be kept in mind.

Now that brings some interesting points to my mind, what if you hire out to kill clan guards as the lone wolf or even better you get paid not to kill there clan guard, many many possibilites.

Let the discussion start.

Steven
DonGiovanni
Dragon? Bring it on!
Dragon?  Bring it on!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My biggest fear is that things will get too carried away if we allow the mercenary thing with a bunch of he said, she said battles. I am confident, however, that we could always fix that problem as we go along or Steven could take care of it.

As for gold, I plan to have a guideline established soon. I don't really need much to do that. I will just set a limit of gold per mob level and post it when I am finished.

I am a little concerned about clan equipment. I would want to limit it to one or two items per clan at most. This is, of course, to prevent overpowered clan equipment that would detract from the game. If it isn't at least decent they aren't going to wear or use it. I like the idea of a wear slot without stats that is just a status slot for clan equipment.

Seth
Elveron
Dragon? Bring it on!
Dragon?  Bring it on!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the reason I have stated that two cimps my agree on it, you and I.

That way we keep the balance straight.

I also like the idea of a wear slot with no slats for the badge.

Steven
PS I think the crown could be an upgrade piece of eq, as you progress through your character life and re-mort we could upgrade at appropiate times decided on by the DG and Me, plus the clan master.
aelar
Dragon?? Umm... maybe...
Dragon?? Umm... maybe...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if people are going to be hired to kill clan guards then we should have playerkilling and playerlooting. If a clans stuff gets stolen because a mercenary killed the guard, let the whole clan hunt him down for some replacement eq.
Dez

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies if this is a tired drum I'm beating, but I didn't catch a response to this the last time I posted it...

Re: clan recall. Is there a non-clan recall command? If so, what does it cost? Because if there is one (even if it's a 1000 gp scroll or some such), and it has a lower cost than the clan recall, I don't see there ever being a player who would use the clan recall.

Am I just up in the dark about this?
--dez--
DonGiovanni
Dragon? Bring it on!
Dragon?  Bring it on!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am guessing the reason that there was no responce is that we haven't determined that yet. The only valid answer that I can think of for the scenario you suggest is that the clan recall would have a different purpose than the regular recall. If someone is hunting you down or you need to regroup quickly with your clan buddies you would use that option.
Robert
Dragon Snack
Dragon Snack

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are two non-clan ways to recall, and they both send the character to the temple. the first is the word of recall spell that is available to mages (and clerics I think). the second is the recall scroll that any character can purchase from merchants. I think there was some speculation earlier about removing the recall scrolls from the game.
Elveron
Dragon? Bring it on!
Dragon?  Bring it on!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would vote we skip clan raids instead of going all pk kill and pk loot.

That is just my opinion, because I really don't like those muds. I can
play them, but you got some jerk that constantly kills low levels because
he is bored and ruins the game for all. Or you get someone that kills
people to screw up killing a mob because he is bored.

Steven
DonGiovanni
Dragon? Bring it on!
Dragon?  Bring it on!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also been on those types of muds and did not enjoy them for the same reason. There is always a jerk, even with limited protections, that ruins it. I agree with Steven
aelar
Dragon?? Umm... maybe...
Dragon?? Umm... maybe...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be happy with a system where you can be flagged as a killer and then you're open game for pkilling and plooting. But if you kill a clan guard or even attack it to soften it up, then you automatically get flagged as a pkiller or something like that.
marcus
Dragon?? Umm... maybe...
Dragon?? Umm... maybe...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we can prevent high level chars killing the lower ones if you make it to where you can only ok 5 levels above or below you. However, I would say that if you become a pker regardless of the level you are free game. Also I would set it to where you couldnt' pk somebody that was already in battle with a mob.

Come on Elve suppose there is somebody going around and doing pking. Don't you think you would have fun hunting that person down and killing them a couple hundered times until they promised to stop? Just think you could be the mud sheriff of the mud. Maybe have some of the weaker players hire you out to knock off some pkers.

I do like the idea of pking and stuff. I think it adds some flavor and could give us something else to play with.

adam
Elveron
Dragon? Bring it on!
Dragon?  Bring it on!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not object to adding pk and ploot. I think it should be a choice
though. You take the assassin flag and pay a hefty fee to get it taken
off again. That way its an individual choice. As for coding it so a
character in battle can't be killed I agree, but hey if I am pk I am going
to wait until you exhausted and almost dead from that battle then I will
kill you.

Personally I hate PKill and I would not be doing it. I also agree with Aelar we leave clan raids in and once you start as the clan guard mercenary
killer your now in the realm of PKill forever unless the cimp are nice enough to take it off, but I like the idea of being a Dragon, "Ooohh look a nice
new bauble for me to sleep on, I really like that Zeu's Lightningbotl you have"

Steven
Gimli
Dragon? Bring it on!
Dragon?  Bring it on!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what would be the penalty if you get flagged as a killer? How can you be absolved from all your sins? Pardon the ignorance but am a lover not a killer. Wink
marcus
Dragon?? Umm... maybe...
Dragon?? Umm... maybe...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you a pkiller I say shop keepers don't sell to you, guards attack you. Your an outlaw after all!
Elveron
Dragon? Bring it on!
Dragon?  Bring it on!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well yes and No on shopkeepers. I think we need an evil hometown where
they wouldn't care if your a killer or not, thief towns and evil towns existed in Medieval where they could have cared less.

As for how you get rid of the killer its a pardon. I think for a newbie mistake its free, for a real mistake you have to pay something and
for killing clan guards and wanting rid of it after the clan has a set time
period to pay you back, I think it would be hefty in deed. Also if were
going that way I would suggest minimum 1 Month with a pk flag for mercenary kills on clan guards.

Steven
aelar
Dragon?? Umm... maybe...
Dragon?? Umm... maybe...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We did have a policy at one time on AI that once you were a killer and asked for a pardon, you could never be a pkiller again. That might work here. If you have the flag that you were a pardon'd pkiller you can no longer kill people and/or clan guards. Or we can let them pkill again, but it can never be pardoned again. The latter wouldn't take as much messing with code.
marcus
Dragon?? Umm... maybe...
Dragon?? Umm... maybe...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not have something like the stat shop on AI. If the first pardon you buy is X amount. After that it goes up higher and higher from there.

I like the idea about an evil town. I actually like it a lot. My question would be say that I haven't pkilled or anything and decide to do so. Can I get my hometown changed to there and if so what would it cost me if my hometown is already someplace else? That is under the assumption that we are going with different hometowns where we load into.
Gimli
Dragon? Bring it on!
Dragon?  Bring it on!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping we can pkill more. Reason? I was playing around with this idea that Marcus gave me. He told me the name Merchants of Death is too evil sounding to be devoted Newbie Helpers. So I was thinking that a requirement to be in a clan like this would be something like a player must have X number of pkills more than pdeaths. Now should a player change his mind midstream since that requirement is too hard, he can get absolved from his evil deeds.

Oh my! He really wants to join again. Off he goes killing players again. Then a change of heart...then another...and another...

You know who I think will need the most pardons? These mercenary type players who raids clan HQ's for a price. Maybe the idea of the STAT SHOP would be fine...costlier though. A lot more. Maybe instead of the regular 1,2,3,4 mil everytime we make it 1,2,4,8,16,32? Twisted Evil
Elveron
Dragon? Bring it on!
Dragon?  Bring it on!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually there is many ways around being a mercenary Clan guard killer.

I think once you hit the clan guard your flag is set for good. I have
given this a lot of thought and if you choose to kill a clan guard then
I think you should just accept PKill after that. I think the only way
you could get rid of your pkill flag then is if the clan leader of the guard
you killed agreed to the pardon.

Steven
Gimli
Dragon? Bring it on!
Dragon?  Bring it on!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would work. Now think about it this way. I decide to be a Clan Guard killer. I get the flag. Sure! No big deal. I'll just transfer my stuff to another character, or never login till I get to kill the next guard. Meanwhile, my multi is running amuck. Smile
aelar
Dragon?? Umm... maybe...
Dragon?? Umm... maybe...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I don't agree with is shopkeepers not selling to pkillers or other pentalties. Being a pkiller does not mean you're evil. If we're doing any type of role playing, you may be a good warrior trying to rid the world of evil thieves.

So you're not really an evil person.
Elveron
Dragon? Bring it on!
Dragon?  Bring it on!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well look at it this way, if your in a clan and do that your clan is going
to get a clan war flag and your leader might knock your around.

If your a lone wolf like me you probably won't see peopel doing that until
they have a few fully eq'd characters. Also you never know that nice
level 10 person i a clan killing for fun could quickly turn into a hunter
as soon as you log in that character.

Steven
PS We will discuss what is legal udner pkill soon also.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Campaign HQ Forum Index -> Alternate Illusions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: