Campaign HQ Forum Index Campaign HQ
Chat about RPGs

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Rank SystemRank System   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Campaign HQ    The Company of the Bright Star Campaign    Vampire

Does magic armor re-size itself?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Campaign HQ Forum Index -> Banewarrens Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nemsin
Dragon? Bring it on!
Dragon?  Bring it on!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 4:47 pm    Post subject: Does magic armor re-size itself? Reply with quote

Does magic armor (ex. full plate) re-size itself to fit its wearer?
Does the look of it change to fit the pyche of its new owner?
What if you are a different size category?
Will it fit my toad? Shocked

Moriar
DMShoe
Here dragon, dragon, dragon!
Here dragon, dragon, dragon!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the DMG, armor resizes to fit the wearer.

I, however, have a slightly different rule: it usually doesn't. I tend to overlook this rule frequently, however, and allow Small and Medium sized characters (or creatures) to exchange armor freely.

I would also allow the creator of the armor to give the armor the ability to resize as a +1 market modifier, and armors of +6 market modifier or greater could have the "Resize" for free, if the creator so wished.

Armor does not change its appearance, with the same exception -- armor could be glamered to modify based on character preference, but usually it doesn't. That means the +4 plate from the evil female cleric will still have big boobies when a guy wears it (at least it might have more room for storage...)

Armor for Large or Huge or Tiny creatures is usually going to be custom made.

It is unlikely that any armor you have yet found will fit your toad. (now if you polymorphed your toad into a human...)

-DMShoe
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Campaign HQ Forum Index -> Banewarrens Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: